Why read on Fable?
Discover social readingChat inside the ebook with emojis, comments and more
Annotate with notes, tabs, and highlightsShare or keep your notes private with our annotation features
Support the World Literacy FoundationWe donate 20% of every book sale to help children learn to read
The feast is a meeting place between family and friends, between humans and gods
This enchanting collection of witchy dishes from Melissa Jayne Madara—witch, herbalist, chef and co-owner of Brooklyn’s popular occult bookstore Catland Books—is an indispensable companion to kitchen witchcraft. With this kitchen grimoire, explore 5 facets of the occult through food: traditional recipes, the wheel of the zodiac, devotional meals to the planets, seasonal feasts to celebrate solstices and equinoxes, and practical spell work.
• Recreate a pagan feast of lamb roasted with milk and honey, with cheesecake baked in fig leaves for dessert
• Celebrate a Gemini birthday with herbed fondue, followed by lemongrass pavlova
• Align with the poetic pleasures of Venus with edible flower dumplings, or commune with Saturn over blackberry pulled pork sandwiches
• Enjoy the vibrancy of the spring equinox with herb and allium quiche with a potato crust, radish salad with cherry blossom vinaigrette and jasmine tea shortbread
• Share an evening of storytelling over mugwort and catnip divination tea, or embody an otherworldly spirit with ritual bread masks
Packed with ancient knowledge, practical advice and witchcraft expertise, this book will help you develop your craft through culinary creativity and the divine indulgence of the senses and the soul.
About Melissa Madara
Start a Book ClubStart a public or private book club with this book on the Fable app today!
Do I have to buy the ebook to participate in a book club?
Why can’t I buy the ebook on the app?
How is Fable’s reader different from Kindle?
Do you sell physical books too?
Are book clubs free to join on Fable?
How do I start a book club with this book on Fable?