Are You Able To DNF a Book?
Oct 20 2023
Few topics are more controversial among readers than the dreaded decision to mark a book DNF, or Did Not Finish. Some people can DNF a book whenever necessary. Other people have to keep reading until the very last page.There’s no right or wrong way to read, but personally, I will DNF a book when necessary. This isn’t a value judgment or even a strategy I’d recommend to anybody else. I just have too many books to read, and I need to keep moving in my reading life.
The benefits of DNF-ing a bookSome people simply must finish a book, and DNF-ing is not an option. But I would like to suggest a few ways it can improve your life!
- You'll know what to avoid next time (Book Riot)
- DNF-ing a book will help you read more, ultimately. (Reddit)
- You can avoid a reading slump and the bad feelings that come with it. (Your Tita Kate)
- You won't waste your finite reading time (Just Plan Books)
- You'll have time to start the next book on your list!